Grooming & Wash Policies
Thanks for selecting That Dirty Dog for your pet’s grooming needs. To ensure we are able to make all of our guests (pets and pet owners) experience as positive and memorable as possible, we’d like to make you aware of our store policies and thank you in advance for your support of them:
Special COVID-19 Policies:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times if you are not fully vaccinated , especially if physical distancing of at least 6 feet is not possible. If you are fully vaccinated, masks are not required.
- All appointments need to be made for full-service grooming services by calling (978) 248-8300.
- Once a reservation is confirmed, appointments are considered booked. If you need to cancel your appointment, it must be done 24 hours in advance of your scheduled day/time so we can make other arrangements. We will send out reminder notifications prior to your appointment to the number you provide.
- For the safety of all pets, our staff and any others visiting That Dirty Dog, we require all animals to be current on their rabies vaccination. Proof of vaccination is required before any pet’s grooming appointment will be conducted. Vets can email us a copy of the records at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your dog’s shot has expired or if we are unable to get a hold of your veterinarian, we will be unable to groom your pet on that day due to safety reasons.
- For the protection of all our pet guests, we reserve the right to deny any pets that are positive for internal parasites or currently being treated for this condition until they have a clean bill of health. If during their grooming/bathing appointment they show signs of this, we will immediately contact you to pick them up as soon as possible.
- We work hard to provide a low stress setting for all our guests (2 and 4 legged), but if your pet becomes aggressive or very stressed out, we will stop the grooming and the self-serve washing, contact you to pick up your pet, ask you to stop the self-washing process and you would only be charged for what was completed.
- We will treat and remove any fleas and ticks off your pet if we notice this while bathing or grooming and there will be an added cost. We need to have added safety of our other pet clients and their owners so this adds extra time and effort to the normal grooming and/or bathing process.
- We are not equipped or licensed to be a pet boarder/kennel, so preferably you need to pick up your pet within 30 minutes of our contacting you once your pet is finished with its grooming appointment. We will give you an estimated time for this at drop off to help you prepare.
- If your pet is not picked up prior to the store’s posted closing time, you will be charged a $30 fee due to staff having to stay extended hours.