Grooming & Wash Policies
Thanks for selecting That Dirty Dog for your pet’s grooming needs. To ensure we are able to make all of our guests (pets and pet owners) experience as positive and memorable as possible, we’d like to make you aware of our store policies and thank you in advance for your support of them:
- All appointments need to be made for full-service grooming services by calling (978) 248-8300.
- No appointment is required for the self-service dog wash – it is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Once a full-service grooming appointment is confirmed, appointments are considered booked. If you need to cancel your appointment, it must be done 24 hours in advance of your scheduled day/time (i.e. Cancel your appointment by or before 8 am the day prior to your scheduled appointment if it is at 8 am the following day.) A reminder notifications is sent prior to all appointments via text and/or email to the number/email provided.
- If the appointment is not cancelled 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment or NO prior notice is given, a 50% deposit for any future appointments will be required. Repeat offenses may be denied future service.
- Each day’s schedule is created based on a combination of dog breed, size and the amount of work required for each pet. All late arrivals disrupt the timing of the schedule, therefore on-time arrivals are expected for all appointments. Any arrival more than 15 minutes past the scheduled appointment time, the appointment may need to be rescheduled to the next available date is and that will be determined by the groomer at the time of the arrival.
- For the safety of all pets, our staff and any others visiting That Dirty Dog, we require all animals to be current on their rabies vaccination. Proof of vaccination is required if one of our groomers performs any services for your pet and needs to be sent prior to any pet’s grooming appointment. Vets can email us a copy of the records at firstname.lastname@example.org or they can be photo text to (978) 248-8300. If your dog’s shot has expired or if we are unable to get a hold of your veterinarian, we will be unable to groom your pet on that day due to safety reasons.
- For the protection of all our pet guests, we reserve the right to deny any pets that are positive for contagious illnesses (e.g. giardia), internal parasites (e.g. tapeworms), and/or currently being treated for any such condition until they have a clean bill of health. If during their grooming/bathing appointment they show signs of this, we will immediately contact you to pick them up as soon as possible.
- All female pets not yet spayed and are in a ‘heat’ cycle will be rescheduled for a future date when they have finished their cycle. On average a heat cycle can last up to 3 weeks and occurs every 6-8 months.
- We work hard to provide a low stress setting for all our guests (2 and 4 legged), but if your pet becomes aggressive or very stressed out, we will stop the grooming and contact you to pick up your pet. You will be charged based on what has been completed by this time. If your dog becomes aggressive while using the self-service dog wash, you will be requested to remove your pet and would be charged the full price of the self-service bath.
- We will treat and remove any fleas and ticks off your pet if we notice this while bathing or grooming and there will be an added cost. We need to have added safety of our other pet clients and their owners so this adds extra time and effort to the normal grooming and/or bathing process.
- We are not equipped or licensed to be a pet boarder/kennel, so preferably you need to pick up your pet within 30 minutes of our contacting you once your pet is finished with its grooming appointment. We will give you an estimated time for this at drop off to help you prepare.
- If your pet is not picked up prior to the store’s posted closing time, you will be charged a $50 fee due to staff having to stay extended hours.